The Japanese lifestyle of all-you-can eat fried chicken and drink beer, beer, & more beer catches up with everyone eventually – look at the number of fat, miserable gaijins around (author included).
Think about the reasons you originally came to Japan. Is ruining your life on that list? Hopefully it isn’t. Aron, a professional personal trainer and physique / aesthetics competitor with over 20 years of experience is here to help you get back on track with his business, Real Fitness!
Aron’s main goal is to help improve your quality of life by making a lifestyle change. He has a small but fully-equipped gym in Fushimi. Here are his tips for NAGMAG readers:
- Eat Right: you can’t outrun what you put in your mouth. This part of your training is 24 hours a day – your training starts in the kitchen!
- Set small, achievable goals.
- Eat for a purpose, not pleasure. If you want to look like a Spartan you must eat like a Spartan!
- Avoid the convenience store, and if you can’t, swap that fried chicken for a pack of two hard-boiled eggs.
- Before hitting the pub, have dinner at home.
- Aron’s lunch: White fish, avocado, broccoli, tomato, and black pepper with a bit of salt and pepper or any other flavoring you like (except mayo!)
- Alcohol destroys your gains and makes you fat. Even “one a day” is too much.
That’s common sense stuff, right? It’s hard, but if you become a Real Fitness client Aron will help you get motivated and maintain that motivation. He is supportive & friendly. He says that it is not just for the boys – over half of his clients are women.
Here’s some words from the man himself:
“Besides time, there are no other limits to how much you can improve yourself… be content with things you achieve but never be satisfied. The pursuit of constant self improvement is the road to a fulfilling and meaningful existence.”
If you’re ready to take the first steps to getting that summer body back, head down to Real Fitness near Fushimi for a FREE consultation.