August means Obon! Obon means O-beach and O-river! The word is that Utsumi is kind of nasty this year, so you might want to stick to other options for going for a swim this year. Or just get drunk enough that you don’t care! Either way, check out this month’s issue of NAGMAG:
• Need an intellectual topic to add to your post-pick-up line repertoire? Get your culture on and check out these two art exhibitions.
• Explosions and shiny things. We all love them. Nagoya is full of pyrotechnics, parades and booze this month – don’t get FOMO.
• Are you bald? How’s your qi doin’? Mark Guthrie founds out just how much is wrong with him at Abe Ear Acupuncture Clinic.
• Our livers take one too many for the team to bring you this year’s guide to Nagoya boozing. Mark also tells us how to drink properly – apparently it’s like a Brit.
• Daniel Ostrander may be hard to please so maybe don’t take his word as gospel. Check out his event guide for August, but make up your own mind.
• Folktronica (yes it’s a thing) or metal? This month we will open up your musical minds.
• Our extensive list of where to eat and drink in the Nag.