1: Which of the following is almost never eaten raw?
- Fugu (Blowfish)
- Shake (Salmon)
- Mekajiki (Swordfish)
2: Historically, which city is most famous for its sushi
3: Traditionally sushi chefs are?
- Both Men & Women
4: What does the word shari mean?
- A Sanskrit word meaning bones. Used to describe sushi rice.
- The name of a special sushi knife.
- An illness that occurs when eating raw fish infected by parasites.
5: What are O-dori ebi?
- Shrimp partying down at the local matsuri.
- Shrimp that jump around in your mouth while you eat them alive.
- A kind of shrimp sushi eaten at summer festivals.
6: Ikijime is the word used to describe…
- Fish eaten while they are still alive.
- Fish that are kept alive right up until they are served.
- Fish that you swallow alive, that swim around in your stomach.
7: A sushi chef shouldn’t…
- Sharpen his own knives
- Wear a watch or glasses.
- Eat before he begins his work.
8: What does nigiri mean?
- A triangular rice ball filled with plum, fish or pickled vegetables.
- A bitter taste.
- Pressing or squeezing.
9: Which of the following should always be eaten with chopsticks?
10: What kinds of fish are usually eaten raw in sushi?
- Saltwater fish
- Freshwater fish
ANSWERS: 1 B, 2 C, 3 A, 4 A, 5 B, 6 B,7 B, 8 C, 9 A, 10 A