Finally – an opportunity to get together, drink away the last of the hot summer, and share the wonders of Shinsakae with the world. Just a few minutes from Sakae, come and hang out at the Festival and Freemarket and find out about the many many cool bars, restaurants, crazy folks, and so much more in Shinsakae – the new heart of Nagoya.
There is a rumour that the first 80 people will get a free egg. The organizers recommend arriving early to make sure you are one of the chosen few.
The event still has space for vendors. It is a great chance to meet the folks in Shinsakae – one of the few really interesting areas remaining in Nagoya – and maybe even to empty some of that old stuff out of your apartment so that you have extra space, extra cash, and extra love!
Some info about applying for a booth:
• 1 booth: 2.2m by 2.0m costs only 1,500 yen!!! Wow, there’s a bargain for you!
• Yes, you can come and sell your valuables, your junk, and your services!
• If there is a large number of applicants, there will be a lottery to determine who gets the booth.
• Tents, blue sheets, etc. won’t be supplied or rented – please bring anything you need yourself. Smiles are available free with every purchase of beer!
• Artists – come and sell your masterpieces to an adoring public!
• Farmers – come and sell your organic vegetables!
Event organizers claim to be “In touch with the weather gods, and they promise us sun and happiness” Butin case of inclement weather the festival will be held one week later on October 2.
Contact information: Dai at Stand Bar ¥300 (052-252-2300)
For English-Speaking Folks: John at Raffles (052-264-7782)
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shinsakae/136025993158081
On the web (Japanese) http://shinsakae.jp/